My Personal Top Car Road Trip Songs

Let us first understand why we want to go on a road trip. Assuming it isn't because of some business meeting or other business related activity then the reason why we are going on the trip is to have fun, plain and simple. You can either plan where you're going and what you are going to do at the destination or something which I sometimes prefer to do is pick a road and start driving. Keep going, change roads whenever I feel like it. It is quite a good feeling of freedom doing it this way.
So we know why we want to go on the trip now we need some great music to keep us company. I have to preface this list with saying that some of the songs are quite old and may seem a bit corny but each to their own!
Born to be Wild
I love this song wherever I am but this was made for driving! It was sung by the Steppenwolf band in the late 60's. It is often associated with bikers but in my opinion it fits perfectly for the car.
Fat Bottom Girls
One of many of the Queen songs that is perfect while driving. This is quite a heavy rock song for (written by Brian May) Queen which was more common in the 70's for Queen. I recommend the track from the Jazz album and not the single as it is extended.
Don't Stop Me Now
This is another song by Queen and yet another classic. Don't Stop Me Now is one of my ultimate 'feel good songs' of all time and perfect to lift your spirits while driving.
Ramble On
Written and performed by the epic band Led Zeppelin, from their 1969 Led Zeppelin II album. Just make sure you keep concentrating on the road as it's easy to get sidetracked listening to this song. I even recommend listening to the whole album on a trip as it's an absolute classic.
Any Song from the Riding with the King Album
This album in my opinion is one of the most underrated Blues albums of all time. I know that is quite a thing to say but if you in any way like to listen to slightly rocky Blues then you have to give this album a chance. It came about when after talking about it for many years, Eric Clapton and BB King finally got together and made an album together.
Probably the best track for driving is the first track and album title 'Riding with the King'. I dare you to listen to this and not feel happy. My second favorite track for driving from that album is 'Hold On, I'm Comin' which is a classic soul blues song.
Well I hope you have enjoyed reading my best songs list and whichever car you use make sure you have fun with it but always keep your eyes on the road.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter